This is a great dessert to serve if you are entertaining, it’s quick to make, it is much lighter and healthier, and most people prefer it to the traditional cream based Eton Mess.
- 2 tablespoons Gold Linseeds
- Quark-Linseed Oil Cream (made from 150 g quark and 75 ml cold-pressed linseed oil thoroughly blended and optionally sweetened with 1 teaspoon Honey and or stevia)
- Half a pear and half a banana sliced (or other fruit)
- Raspberries and/or sliced strawberries
- A little fresh fruit juice
- A pinch of ground vanilla
- A dusting of cinnamon (optional)
- Macadamia nuts or lightly toasted sliced almonds
Grind the linseeds to a fine powder in a dedicated electric coffee grinder and place in a bowl. Add sliced fruit and juice. Mix the quark-linseed cream with vanilla and heap up in bowl. Add the raspberries and stir everything lightly. Top with nuts and an optional dusting of cinnamon.